Sunday, August 17, 2014
Podcast: Red Cards in Helltown - Episode XI
Rick Gethin and Larry Johnson go all Crew, Premier League, soccer news and MLS for one hour, non-stop. On that... we do record as if the show is live, no bathroom breaks.
• Talking Barclays Premier League
• Reviewing results
• Thoughts on big teams, structure
• Tottenham, Yedlin "MLS'd"
• We Follow Futbol Promotion and Relegation Survey (link)
19:45 COLUMBUS CREW!
• Pride ourselves on being balanced
• Andy Loughnane hire, good
• Loughnane soundbite
• The word 'turnaround' jumps out to Rick
• "Postcourt, Precourt"
• Stadium naming rights, segregation of duties
• Going beyond fans and supports (politicians)
• Crew whup up on a LA Galaxy A-team
• Outstanding soccer, gushing over the Crew
• Finlay Amazing
• Controls in the process
45:20 MLS NEWS AND NOTES
• Heading results, Sporting KC beating up on TFC, Dallas, San Jose
• No excuse for Toronto losing by multiple goals
• Eastern conference playoff picture
53:45 QUICK HITS, WRAP UP
• FCC changing their thoughts on blackout governance
• How might it relate to the Crew